Drug Defense in Michigan
If you were charged with a drug offense in Detroit or elsewhere throughout Michigan, it is essential to hire an attorney who will provide aggressive representation and fight for your freedom and your future. The drug penalties in Michigan are so extreme that some convictions can potentially result in a life sentence and millions of dollars in fines.
Attorney Catherine O’Meara has more than 20 years of experience and provides zealous and effective drug defense for adults and juveniles. She will always pursue the most favorable outcome for your case, no matter how severe the charges. She has effectively pursued case dismissals, plea negotiations, reduced charges, not guilty pleas and has attained favorable alternatives to incarceration such as probation, drug court, community service and more. Contact Attorney O’Meara to discuss your case.
Drug Offenses – Practice Areas
There are numerous drug offenses that an individual can be charged with in Michigan. They include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Possession – it is illegal to possess any controlled substance, including marijuana, methamphetamines, oxys, opiates, heroin, cocaine, crack, ecstasy, prescription drugs and others
- Possession with intent to sell or deliver – it is illegal to possess a drug with the intent to sell to another
- Manufacturing – it is illegal to manufacture all drugs – such as meth
- Distribution – it illegal to distribute, sell, give, or receive any controlled substance
- Grow houses – illegal to grow or cultivate marijuana or other drugs
- Medical marijuana – it is illegal to possess medical marijuana that was illegally obtained
- Trafficking – selling or transporting larger quantities of controlled substances can result in extremely severe penalties
Aggressive, Effective Drug Defense
It is important to understand that just because you were arrested and charged with a drug crime, it does not mean that you are guilty. Every defendant is entitled to a vigorous defense. Attorney O’Meara provides aggressive drug defense for all drug crimes. For example, she will examine the circumstances of the arrest. Was the arrest illegal? Was there an illegal search and seizure? Were you read your Miranda Rights? Was proper police procedure followed? Were your Constitutional Rights violated? Discuss your case only with your attorney.
The Law Office of Catherine O’Meara, Representing Clients with Drug Charges in Detroit and Statewide
For a free case review, contact Attorney Catherine O’Meara by calling 313-680-1755. Attorney O’Meara represents clients in Detroit and throughout the State.